A certain Mr Solomon Izang Ashoms who is a Nigerian National that founded the movement against abuse in churches went on twitter and shared the News that Bishop Stephen Zondo was caught in the act of cheating by his wife and the wife left their matrimonial home.
However the church has released a statement regarding this issue and they claim that they have taken legal action against the perpetrators.
Below is the statement they released on facebook:
To: All Media Houses
Date: 21 January 2020
MEDIA STATEMENT – Malicious Allegations Directed to The Leader of our church, Rivers of Living Waters Ministries International has noted with serious concern the allegations made by certain Mr. Solomon Izang Ashoms, circulating around on social media regarding our Archbishop and his family.
We would like to state the following as the church:
1. The family of Archbishop is still intact and cannot be moved by these allegations, which are baseless and malicious.
2. Both our parents are staying in the same house as one happy family for over a period of 31years.
3. Much as we agree that they are public figures by virtue of being Leaders of Rivers of Living Waters International Ministry, we will not allow people to disrespect them by making malicious allegations that are defamatory in nature.
4. As RLW International Ministry, we will not be defocused in our programs as the church, we will be having the Golf Day on the 24 January 2020 at Glen Vista Golf Course and preparations for the Easter Conference are already at an advanced stage.
5. However, we will not allow the devil to derail our focus as the Ministry in our strategic and spiritual goal as the church.
6. We have further referred the matter to our legal team to provide legal advice and way-forward in ensuring that we have legal recourse against the perpetrators of this malicious fake news.
As to the so-called Mr. Solomon Izang Ashoms, who is a Nigerian National, we would like to caution you in time that people like you are used by the devil and his agents to target leaders of South African Churches so that you and your brothers who have established fake churches in our country can gain an upper hand and favor from our people. We wish to be on record that we are not against any foreign nationals churches operating in our country legally and doing things in advancing the work of the Lord. We will however not support anyone who brings shame and disgrace to the name of God. We further wish to inform the South Africans and the World that as Rivers of Living Waters International
Ministries, we are fully behind our parents and nothing will distract nor derail our focus, not even the lies that are being spread by those who are prophets of Doom.
Issued by RLWM – National Executive Committee
Inquiries can be made to Mr. Sello Molibeli who is the
National Secretary of the NEC at 081 740 9204