Advertisement

The Sowetan newspaper reports that popular scientist,  Ndoni Mcunu,  died mysteriously while sleeping in her bed due to a suspected leak from a gas heater at Cradle of Humankind Botique Hotel.

Another woman,  S’phumelele Mnoyiwa, who was sharing a tent with her, also died.

Employees told the newspaper that the two women were sleeping in two separate beds when they died.

Police found an open gas bottle connected to a heater inside the tent and alcohol.

Advertisement

The hotel is now being investigated by the Gauteng labour department.

Families of both women visited the hotel yesterday,  and complained that Cradle of Humankind Botique Hotel management did not provide them with adequate information regarding what happened to the two women.

Please read the full story in today’s Sowetan Newspaper- 22 April 2022.

Advertisement