The plague of Nyaope has affected many people in South Africa and some members within the communities are creating initiatives that could potentially aid the increment of individuals addicted to the drug.
Businessman Robert Ngwenya and his wife actress Zinhle have created an initiative called #NyaopeWillFall whereby various well known musicians including Sjava, Kwesta, Cassper Nyovest and others have been booked to perform at an event.
This is to urge young people to keep away from drugs.
- Drug abuse is a major problem in South African communities. Zinhle says Nyaope started as a joke and now it is a serious problem in the society.
- She said the drugs are paralyzing those who are taking Nyaope.
- Robert says they were aspired by Global Citizen to start their initiative.
- The couple said they are setting up a rehab centre, ‘Nomaqala Home of Hope’ where Nyaope victims and those in need can get some help.
- They are also planning to move from North West and try to cover all the other provinces in South Africa.
- As a Foundation they are calling for the end of drug abuse and women abuse so that they can change the lives of young people in South Africa.