DJ Zinhle is one of the most talented and successful female DJs not in South Africa alone but across Africa. She is also a businesswoman and a mother.
She sat down with MacG to talk about her career, motherhood and how she met her baby daddy rapper AKA.
- Dj Zinhle says when she started Deejaying it was not a serious thing because she had a job already.
- Her big break was on Jika Majika in 2006. She left her job to concentrate on being a DJ since it was paying more.
- Her brother had sound equipment at home and they always practiced Deejaying.
- In 2007 she travelled to London with Oskido. She graduated with a degree in Marketing from the University of Johannesburg.
- She has helped other artists including Busiswa, Miss Cosmo and Miss Pru.
- She says she always had been involved in good relationships before she met AKA.
- DJ Zinhle says she met her baby daddy AKA at a show in Botswana.
- Before she had sent him a DM on Twitter saying she wants to do a song with him.
- After performing in Botswana they went out partying at night and the next morning they were an official couple.
- In 2015, DJ Zinhle and AKA were blessed with a beautiful baby girl they named Kairo.
- She is best friends with actress Pearl Thusi. She also said she is close to media personality Lerato Kganyago.
- DJ Zinhle says she has never suffered from depression. The industry had just lost HHP to depression.
- She was influenced to start a bussiness by Oskido.
- She says she doesn’t want her daughter Kairo to be in the entertainment industry.
- DJ Zinhle and AKA separated but they are co-parenting and getting along very well.
- She has written a book, a motivational book mainly targeted at women.
- She says she would not smash MacG. She also said she would smash Nasty C because he is young.
- DJ Zinhle also said she would not smash the finance minister Tito Mboweni.
- She has toured Algeria, Angola and many other African countries.
- She is open to making music with AKA.